It’s time to dust off your your dancin’ shoes and break out the sunscreen, because the 2015 CMA Music Festival is coming to Nashville, and y’all know we’re getting excited over here at Puckett’s 5th and Church!
In case you haven’t heard, the County Music Association is shutting down the streets June 11-14 from 7th avenue all the way to LP field for a citywide honky-tonk. We’ll be in the center of the action featuring local artists on our stage for free throughout the entire festival!
To start off the good time, we’ve compiled some advice from us as Puckett’s on how to get the most out of your city festival experience.
- Hydrate yo’self before you wreck yo’self! That means keep a filled water bottle with you at all times. Dehydration can put a damper on catching a show in the hot summer sun way quicker than sunburn or a scuffed boot.
- Meet some new pals! Festivals are well known for their friendly atmosphere and talkative crowds. Mix this tradition with some good ol’ southern hospitality and you’ll meet friends right and left.
- Get your bearings. Pre-paid parking lots are located around LP field but don’t fret if you’ve yet to pay, street parking is available on most city streets. Consider carpooling to condense your crew. Try to keep hold of your festival map to visit some Nashville staples like the Ryman and Country Music Hall of Fame.
- Travel light. Big bags and roomy backpacks seem ideal when touting sunscreen and souvenirs but you won’t be boogying too long with shoulder straps and purse slings weighing you down. The essentials are sunscreen, cash and a good hat! Larger venues like LP field have bag policies so it’s best to keep your parcels smaller than a hand clutch.
- Kick back and relax! It’s tempting to scoot from stage to stage but we recommend making your day nice and easy by choosing a few big acts to see and spend some daylight taking in the sights and activities around the festival. The CMA festival app is a great place to start when penciling in Honky Tonks, boot store stops and can’t-miss country tunes.
And y’all don’t forget to come see us to refuel with Southern favorites and free music. In honor of CMA Fest, we’ll have three shows per night on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. With artists ranging from country to rock, it’s guaranteed to be a good time! Check out our music calendar here for more info.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask our hostesses and staff! They know the local sites and sounds and are a great source of advice for all y’all new to the city.